Art Director, Concept Designer and Illustrator
Worked on video games, product design, movie pitches, miniature design and illustration projects, both freelance and as full-time employee.
Conceptual: Functional problem solving, environment-, prop-, vehicle-, creature- & character design, visual language development, art direction
2D: Digital painting, photo texture, sketching & ideation
3D: Soft surface, hard surface
Besides helping out with and overseeing the visual output of the marketing agency side of Trendlabor, my responsibilities focused on the artistic and product design of the newly founded VR department of the company.
Concept design and illustration for several projects, among which were:
- Pitch illustrations and artist renditions of various kinds
- Personalized teaching and coaching
- Several projects of engineering concepts for the MIT related Imaginarium of Technology
- AR/VR product design concepts and illustrations for Meta Company
- Movie pitches
- Technical illustrations for an MIT research group
- Miniature designs
The project was called 'Grimm Odds', an Unreal Engine 4 first person survival game for PC and consoles.
Unfortunately the production was cancelled for not-project related interpersonal reasons shortly before release, even though a major publishing contract offer existed.
Scenery, props and armor designer for medieval reenactment / fantasy live role playing events